Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Doc's Best

Doc has his own sailing blog and he's composed a great post over here about the years he owned a Schock Kirby 3 and how he and his wife learned about racing these tippy, overpowered racing craft. (It's funny, but when the trapeze was adopted in 1969, there was an explosion of mixed crews in the class.) He concludes with a sentiment I've heard many times from old fourteeners:

"As the years passed we realized the Fourteeners we met up with in this open developmental class were the best sailors, teachers and comrades we would ever know."

Hear! hear! (as they say in England)

I include two photos I've lifted from his post.



Thanks for sharing Doc!

3 comments:

  1. Brain fart! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess they call them homophones - words that sound alike but have different meanings. (here! here! - sort of like calling your dog - here! Rover, here!)

    I have corrected it in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! When you have a moment, please drop by my pages and leave a comment on my mainsail shape? There's been a question raised!

    ReplyDelete