Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bob Schock Writes about US 34 Restoration

In 2002. seven years before I started this blog, Bob Schock wrote a short piece for Woodenboat about the restoration of International 14 U.S. 34, another bones 14 based out of a small lake in New York. At the time I took note, but this restoration remained tucked in the back of my brain until Bob joined in via email on the discussion of the origin of U.S. 107 and my memory was jolted.

U.S. 34 appears to be an Englert R.I.P purchased from Cape Cod Shipbuilding in the late 1930's. I reprint below Bob Schock's amended article on the origin and restoration of U.S. 34:





1 comment:

  1. US 34 is not listed in USIFA book of assigned boat numbers. As far as I know, the book was created sometime in the 1950s or so from historical data. I have listings for US 1 through US 7, then very spotty until US 100 (which apparently was renumbered from US 1 RIP) when it was recorded in Annapolis.

    ReplyDelete